Get to know us!
You have unique experiences, skills and a passion for science and technology and we want to hear from you. We can offer you a rewarding career in a rewarding industry. At Isowater our people focus on our customers, teamwork, creativity, communication and results. We enjoy what we do here at Isowater; we hope you will join us.
We are pleased to accept resumes or expressions of interest to join our company at
Technical Sales Rep
TITLE: Technical Sales Representative
COMPANY: Isowater Corporation
LOCATION: Head Office; Collingwood Ontario, Canada
SALARY: $40-55K Base plus commissions. Benefits after 3 months. Company expenses incurred covered.
BACKGROUND: Isowater is the largest global supplier of deuterium oxide for non-nuclear use to the High Technology and Life Science industry. Founded in 2009, as a small innovative business in a Victorian Home growing to distribute deuterium oxide (Heavy Water) to 13 countries. We have experienced tremendous growth and continue to look for additional expansion opportunities. Isowater is now a leading global brand, currently able to provide the quality, service, and exceptional delivery our customers expect. Isowater Corporation offers a vast variety of career opportunities. We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance and more. We pride ourselves in team member development, performance, recognition, and a culture of diversity and respect. You will be proud to be a part of this team living in an exceptional resort area with easy office access to skiing, biking, windsurfing, and swimming in freshwater Georgian Bay.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Technical Sales Representative will be responsible for customer service and technical sales functions for many of Isowater’s customers, maintaining the high service level established as Isowater’s standard. Responsibilities include all technical sales duties, quoting orders, entering orders, and providing status reports. An individual must also demonstrate the ability to gain a deep understanding of our products, potential uses and the customization of each sale. This role will closely interface as well as report to the VP Sales. The successful candidate will have demonstrated strong customer service skills, as well as strong computer skills, including general MS Office Suite programs such as Word, PowerPoint, Office and Excel. • Strong communication, proven analytical, planning and organization skills are essential.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: • In person sales calls and global travel if and when necessary to meet with customers directly. Make outbound phone calls to new leads, previous leads and existing customers. Focus is on turning these leads into sales opportunities by following-up on their past and current inquiries. • Receive inbound phone calls and emails from new leads and existing customers and to convert those leads into sales opportunities • Answer phone calls in a timely manner; return calls promptly • Work closely with Key Account Sales (KAS), distributor network and customers to provide customer support on all levels • Process quotes in a timely manner • Log and process sales through the order entry process • Respond promptly and process quickly any customer communications • Address customer communications courteously & professionally • Coordinate with production, shipping, billing, and credit departments to meet customer needs • Participate on regular sales forecasts, budgets, and other projections as required using a CRM platform. Other duties as assigned.
EXPERTISE REQUIRED: • Four-year degree, preferred • top grades • previous sales experience an asset • Ability to travel globally to meet with and present to customers in person • Excellent Microsoft Office computer skills, especially Word and Excel • Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Ability to work overtime on a continual basis to meet business needs • Demonstrate initiative for follow-up and follow-through skills. Engineering, or science background an asset.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Working in an office environment in a seated position a minimum of eight hours per day is required. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files. Ability to travel by air for up to 12 hours and navigate airports with luggage. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and safety foot-ware. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Based upon regulations from the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC), Canadian Nuclear Labratories (CNL) and Health Canada, security clearance as well as police checks may be required.
Isowater Corporation, 40 Sandford Fleming Drive, Collingwood Ontario L9Y 4V7
705 293-1106 x 221 Lorraine Mickiewicz, apply to: email@example.com
A growing company in the specialty chemical field requires an industrial chemist to support the development and production of new products. The successful candidate will have laboratory experience, an innovative mind and a solid background in analytical methods. The job will involve quality assurance, preparation of Certificates of Analysis, reporting to regulatory authorities, process and product validation, process development in conjunction with our engineering team, overseeing small size chemical processes that produce deuterium related products, and working in an entrepreneurial multi-discipline team environment.
Good laboratory skills will be essential. Testing will range from biological testing, chemical and physical properties of compounds, isotopic analysis, stability testing and process control testing. The ability to learn quickly, interpret results, prepare reports, do presentations and make recommendations for continuous improvement are required.
The company is proceeding to ISO certification, and the successful candidate will be involved with developing the procedures and processes to assure compliance with ISO as well as with regulatory requirements.
Candidates educational background and experience should be able to demonstrate capability of undertaking the scope of activities listed.
The job will include:
1. Preparation of standards, controls, buffers and compounds required for all testing.
2. Development of procedures for testing parameters such as isotopic analysis, pH, conductivity, TDS, endotoxin, bio-burden, chemical purity, and others.
3. Assist engineering team in designing process controls and batch testing to assure product quality and consistency.
4. Validation of processes and establishing quality limits for process controls.
5. Monitor process controls during production.
6. Managing safe operation of small chemical production facilities
7. Quality testing of product including activity, stability, contaminants, and other parameters
8. Preparation of documentation for internal and regulatory reporting.
9. Ensure correct logging and ability to retrieve information on process performance, safety, regulatory and quality as required.
10. Control of and reporting on regulated substances to ensure compliance with all regulation.
11. Take part in safety committee activities and ensure compliance with all health and safety requirements.
12. Design training modules for safety and chemical handling training specific to the company.
13. Supervise, manage and or perform equipment maintenance according to quality system and regulation.
14. Mentor and manage junior technical employs.
Confidential Isowater Corporation Page #2
15. Undertake special projects in new product development or new process development from time to time.
16. Provided technical support to the Sales and Marketing Team as well as senior management.
17. Be able to present papers on behalf of the Company at conferences and technical client meetings.
18. Be able to work in an entrepreneurial environment with in a diverse team environment and enthusiasm to achieve company objectives.
19. Have excellent English speaking and writing skills.
20. Be able to undertake international travel to customer and business sites.
21. Carry out web-based research and monitoring of applications, new developments and possible opportunities for the company and its products.